JOIN THE SOCIETY OF GRAPHIC FINE ART
How to join
Future members have to take part in our main exhibition for any two previous years before they will be able to apply for membership.
Applications are reviewed each May. On Selection Day prospective members submit their application and a portfolio in the morning, and return in the afternoon to learn the Selection committee’s decision.
Benefits of membership
All members, both Associate and Full:
- Are entitled to use the Society’s letters designate after their names — ASGFA for associate members and SGFA for full members
- Appear in the members’ list on the Society’s website and have a dedicated personal page including one image (for a small additional fee a further three images may be included)
- Are eligible to participate in members-only Society exhibitions and Society Drawing Days
- May submit framed works of art for the Annual Open Exhibition with no submission fees: Associates may submit up to four artworks, and full members may submit up to five.
How membership works
Newly elected members remain Associates for a period of three years, after which they may be elected to full membership. If they prefer, they may remain Associates at the lower subscription rate.
Which media are eligible?
Media may include pencil, pen, brush, charcoal, conté and any form of original printmaking, as well as any original artwork — including paintings — which demonstrate evidence of drawing by hand. Digital imagery generated by computer, giclee prints and all other reproductions and facsimiles are inadmissible.
Selection Days are each May. On Selection Day prospective members submit their application and a portfolio in the morning, and return in the afternoon to learn the Selection committee’s decision.
Prospective members application forms
New: Reduced application fees for students
For further information please click this link > email@example.com
We are creating a new section of membership open to all who would like to support the Society and for those who are interested in drawing.
- Affiliate membership offers the chance to meet and work with our artist members.
- Joining us on our drawing days where they would get the chance to enhance their drawing skills, attend for free our workshops and demonstration events held during our exhibitions.
- Receive a copy of our quarterly bulletin.
- Opportunity to visit our Annual Open exhibition and many regional members shows.
- Join with the President or senior members of the Society at a pre-opening tour of the Open exhibition and join us at the Private View.
- Appraisal and portfolio guidance during our Open exhibition.
- Opportunity to enter our Open exhibition (subject to required standard exhibition entry).
- Receive an Affiliate membership card.
- £30 annual membership fee; the first payment to run until the end of the calendar year and from then annually renewable.
- All communication will be by email.